[vtkusers] Count polydata in VTI voxels

Fraser Callaghan fraser.callaghan at sydney.edu.au
Mon Sep 26 07:52:12 EDT 2016

Hello,
I have a dense set of polydata and would like to convert to a vtkImageData with each cell containing a count of the number of points, from the poly data, that are in that cell (returning a CellData array) (I suppose any input data would be relevant).
Does a method exist that will count the points within a voxel like this? Or am I better to loop through each cell counting as I go? (or something else - I guess some clever AMR approach would be most efficient?)
Note - vtkGaussianSplatter does not give the result I want - when trying to limit a point's influence to only one cell either no influence of a "bubble" effect exists.

Thanks for your help.
Fraser