[vtkusers] How to trim a VOI to start from 0,0,0

Magnus Elden magnus_elden at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 22 17:45:56 EDT 2016

I have this setup: vtkXMLImageDataReader -> vtkExtractVOI -> vtkImageCanvasSource2D

What I do is that I use the VOI to extract a single slice of the volume and then draw that to a specified area in the image canvas. The image canvas has enough room in the x and the y directions, but because the VOI has a non-zero z range it crashes. How can I trim away the unwanted Z range?

For example, let us sau I have the volume 0, 100; 0, 100; 0, 100. I extract the single plane of scalar values at a Z of 50. That gives me this VOI: 0, 100; 0, 100; 50, 50.
I need to turn that into 0, 100; 0, 100; 0, 0. (I think this will let the image canvas' function DrawImage())

The rest seem to work just fine. All I need now is for the draw function to draw the scalar values to its area in the canvas.

Thank you for your time.

Yours,
Magnus Elden