[vtkusers] Placing volumes exactly adjacent to each other

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 11:47:06 EDT 2016

On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 9:11 AM, Elvis Stansvik <
elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com> wrote:

> My confusion in this slightly stream-of-conciousness-style thread (sorry
> 'bout that!) was that I didn't really grasp how a 2x2x2 source volume could
> give rise to a 1x1x1 cube in the world. But it was just that I didn't
> understand how rendering works and how the extents of the volume relate to
> what I see rendered. I think I understand now.

Think of it in terms of the old fencepost-counting problem.  The data
points are the fenceposts.  The data set is the fence.  Each fence segment
needs a post on each side to hold it up. You can't go beyond the posts at
either end without extrapolating.

 - David