[vtkusers] vtkOpenGLTexture GetIndex

Terry Farnham terry.farnham at quanergy.com
Mon Oct 31 14:28:16 EDT 2016

I am very new to using vtk.  I am interested in getting access to the
underlying OpenGL texture index from vtkOpenGLTexture.  Currently, when I
initially create and load a texture, the call to GetIndex() always returns
zero.  After rendering a frame or more, the GetIndex() appears to become
valid and then I can make my OpenGL calls using it.  Is there an event that
indicates when this index becomes valid, or is there some other way to know
exactly when glGenTextures occurs so I can make my modifications?