[vtkusers] OpenGL2 using mesa

ianl ilindsay at insigniamedical.co.uk
Thu Oct 20 06:45:26 EDT 2016

Hi Ken, that is looking much better. I still get the warning about
gpu_shader4, but the app goes on to render successfully - and at reasonable
performance considering it is a software implementation running on a virtual
machine.

Unfortunately, at the moment Visual Studio is point blank refusing to load
the symbols for the code I need to step into to debug the VTK call stack for
some reason, so I can't give you much more info about the warning than I
have already posted.

Another interesting data point that may be useful is that when I install the
mesa dll following the instructions for adding registry entries here:
http://www.mesa3d.org/llvmpipe.html, GLView shows a lot more capabilities
filled in. Our app freezes when we do this though, so I ended up just
copying the dll into the app's working directory for testing.