[vtkusers] OpenGL2 using mesa

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Tue Oct 18 09:59:39 EDT 2016

There is a fix in VTK that may make this work. Specifically

https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/2065

although I think that fix was for Windows Mesa with SWR but it may be more
general and help Windows+Mesa+llvmpipe. Not sure if you have tested since
that change was merged. If it still fails then I can help you debug it to
try to nail down the problem, you would need to step through some code in
the debugger and let me know where it fails.

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 9:29 AM, ianl <ilindsay at insigniamedical.co.uk>
wrote:

> Hi, has there been any progress on this? We are now running with the old
> OpenGL back end which works for us, and makes use of the limited OpenGL
> support in the VirtualBox driver.
>
> Obviously if the new OpenGL2 back end were to work with Mesa, we would not
> get any of the performance benefits, but we can at least test against the
> OpenGL2 back end as this is what we would like to use in production.
>

> --

> opensource/opensource.html

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Ken Martin PhD
Chairman & CFO
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065
518 371 3971

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.