[vtkusers] Volume Rendering and zbuffer

Priya Vashistha priyavashistha2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 13:11:31 EDT 2016

Hello Everyone,

I an new to VTK and have been trying to install it since past two weeks and
haven't had any success. I am trying to install VTK7.0 using cmake and
intend to use it with Visual Studio Express 2015. My OS is win10.
I do not see any errors when i build the VTK binaries using Cmake and build
the vtk.sln. But, when I built the "INSTALL" project in vtk(which is
supposed to install VTK in program files) it gives me me the following
error:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error MSB3073 The command "setlocal
"C:\Program Files\CMake\bin\cmake.exe" -DBUILD_TYPE=Debug -P
cmake_install.cmake
if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto :cmEnd
:cmEnd
endlocal & call :cmErrorLevel %errorlevel% & goto :cmDone
:cmErrorLevel
exit /b %1
:cmDone
if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto :VCEnd
:VCEnd" exited with code 1. INSTALL C:\Program Files
(x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets 133

I don't know what to do at this point. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You