[vtkusers] vtkWeb application with several windows

Dan Lipsa dan.lipsa at kitware.com
Wed Oct 5 13:11:09 EDT 2016

Hi Seb and all,
I am moving along with porting our uvcdat web application to the new API.

Is there an example where I see how to create/destroy multiple render
windows and associate them with different document elements in the browser?

In the past we used to use getGlobalId(renderWindow) on the server, send
that to the client and then use vtkWeb.createViewport and pass that ID.

With the new API I only see
self.Application.GetObjectIdMap().SetActiveObject("VIEW", renderWindow)

On the client we use
      const renderer = new RemoteRenderer(client);
      renderer.setContainer(documentElement);

How do I associate a RemoteRenderer with a specific render window on the
server?

Thanks,
Dan