[vtkusers] Parallel Coordinates + 2d curves + 3d content

C P cp.vtk.user at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 30 11:23:55 EST 2016

Dear VTK users,

I would like to have three different "draw areas": one for parallel
coordinates, one for a vtkXYPlotActor and a third one for normal 3D stuff.
So far, I managed to combine the 3D stuff with the vtkXYPlotActor. However,
I do not know how to add the parallel coordinates. I tried to use
vtkParallelCoordinatesActor but it keeps telling me
"vtkParallelCoordinatesActor (0xdc79f0): No field data to plot" and
"vtkParallelCoordinatesActor (0xdc79f0): Nothing to plot!" even though I
feed it with the following:

  vtkTable* vtk_table = vtkTable::New();

  for (int d = 0; d < dimension; ++d)
  {
    vtkDoubleArray* coordinates = vtkDoubleArray::New();
    for (size_t i = 0; i < num_points; ++i)
      coordinates->InsertNextValue(static_cast<double>(d*i));
    vtk_table->AddColumn(coordinates);
    coordinates->Delete();
  }

  m_actor->SetInputData(vtk_table);
  vtk_table->Delete();

Does someone have an idea how to make it work or use some other class?

Best
CP