[vtkusers] Cannot use vtkParallelCoordinatesActor in VTK 7.0.0 and how to report a bug?

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Wed Nov 30 02:49:03 EST 2016

Den 29 nov. 2016 9:58 em skrev "Cory Quammen" <cory.quammen at kitware.com>:

> > I don't know if there's a full list somewhere (would be really nice if
the
> > Doxygen output could be augmented somehow to include this..),
>
> At the bottom of each class's Doxygen page is the location of the file
> from which the Doxygen was generated. You can use this to identify the
> module to which a class belongs. E.g., for vtkCoordinate, the location
> listed is
>
> dox/Rendering/Core/vtkCoordinate.h
>
> Convert the "dox" to "vtk", remove the forward slashes, remove the
> header file name, and you'll get the module:
>
> vtkRenderingCore

Ah yes, I know the information is there, if you care to do some pusseling :)

I just meant it would be nice if it was visible in a more prominent way,
kind of like how the Qt docs has a list of modules [1], a page for each
module (e.g QtNetwork [2]), a list of classes in each module [3], and where
the module a class resides in is visible at the top of the class docs (e.g.
QNetworkReply [4], see the breadcrumb at the top).

I think it would help make the VTK docs less flat and hard to navigate.

Not sure it's easily doable with just Doxygen though. Qt has its own
tooling.

BTW the heuristic you used above, will it work for all classes? I mean, are
all modules laid out in the file system like this, and all module names
correspond to directory names like that?

Elvis

[1] https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtmodules.html
[2] https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtnetwork-index.html
[3] https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtnetwork-module.html