[vtkusers] iOS compiling issues

Jaime Campos jaimefbc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 11:09:08 EST 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to compile VTK from tag v7.1.0 for iOS using CMAKE and make.
The configuration has the flag VTK_IOS_BUILD turned ON, so I suppose that's
how we add support to build the iOS version of VTK.

The problem begins with the make process, I'm getting errors such as:

[ 77%] Performing build step for 'vtk-ios-device-arm64'
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
make[2]: ***
[CMakeExternals/Prefix/vtk-ios-device-arm64/src/vtk-ios-device-arm64-stamp/vtk-ios-device-arm64-build]
Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/vtk-ios-device-arm64.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

For the armv7, armv7s, arm64 and even the simulator architectures.

Is the makefile being generated correctly ?
Is anyone else having the same problem ?

Thanks,