[vtkusers] VTK updating (qvtkWidget)

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Wed Nov 16 10:44:57 EST 2016

Just guessing, I suspect you are adding spheres with each radius change. So
when it is getting larger you see it (as new larger spheres are getting
added) but when you shrink it does not shrink because there are many
spheres accumulating and none are being deleted.

Make sure you only have one sphere and actor being added.

Just a guess

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 8:15 AM, M. Jordan <mjordan at live.at> wrote:

> In render some things in the constructor of my GUI.
>
> Now I try to add some spheres and update/redraw the radius of the spheres
> every second.
> I have a text file containing the new radius of each sphere and a timer to
> generate the events.
>
> When I am changing a radius in the .txt file (while my program is
> executed) to a higher value, the sphere grows in real time.
> But when I *decrease* the radius, the sphere isn't decreasing.
>
> I think that my program doesn't update everything.
>

> I use:
> ui.qvtkWidget->update();
>
> In my timer function everything (expect the renderer and renderwindow) is
> created each time.
>
> So I can't figure out whats the problem.

> opensource/opensource.html

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Ken Martin PhD
Chairman & CFO
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065
518 371 3971

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.