[vtkusers] polydata are clipped after modifying underlying vtkpoints

RobertS spir.robert at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 14:31:16 EST 2016

Hi all,
I'm constructing 3d model from points on rectangular grid using
vtktrianglestrip, everything works ok, except for when I use function to
modify the point coordinates (by increasing "height" of the points),
whereupon the displayed model starts to get clipped. You can see what I'm
talking about in these images:
http://tesla.math.sk/pics/model1.jpg <http://tesla.math.sk/pics/model1.jpg>
- this is original model, everything looks ok
http://tesla.math.sk/pics/model2.jpg <http://tesla.math.sk/pics/model2.jpg>
- here you can see the model after increasing the point height by a factor
of 2, everything still looks good
http://tesla.math.sk/pics/model3.jpg <http://tesla.math.sk/pics/model3.jpg>
- here after another height increase the model is clipped. When I rotate the
model, it emerges from the back, but then it gets clipped in the front.
I have no idea why is this happening.
After points modification I call vtkdatasetmapper->update() and then display
the new actor in vtkrenderer

Thanks for any help.
Robert