[vtkusers] Export 3D to use with SolidWorks or any other 3d Soft

Matias Montroull matimontg at gmail.com
Mon May 9 19:04:08 EDT 2016

Hi Gobbi, I finally got it working:

 vtkSTLWriter exportador = vtkSTLWriter.New();
            exportador.SetFileName("test.stl");
            exportador.SetInputConnection(skinnormals.GetOutputPort());
            exportador.Update();
            exportador.Write();

skinnormals is a vtkPolyDataNormals object that holds the data I wanted to
export.

Thanks!

El lun., 9 de may. de 2016 a la(s) 14:51, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com>
escribió:

> Hi Matias,
>
> You can find a summary of VTK scene exporters here:
> http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkExporter.html
>
> That said, I don't quite understand your post.  You say "3D image",
> but generally, a 3D image is not something that would be held by a
> vtkPolyDataMapper, nor is it something that SolidWorks could use.
> What, exactly, is the data that you want to export?
>
>  - David
>

> On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 11:10 AM, Matias Montroull <matimontg at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm currently using VTK to display a 3D image in a RenderWindow.
>>
>> I also save in memory the 3D Image as Is there an easy way to export the
>> image to a format that SolidWorks can read? (or any other format for other
>> tools that can then export into SolidWorks).
>> I currently have a  vtkPolyDataMapper that hold the image and I use an
>> actor to display.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Matias.
>> --