[vtkusers] question about VTKWeb in the WAN environment

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Mon Mar 28 10:33:53 EDT 2016

How do you serve your Web app on the WAN? Do you start the server manually
or use the launcher?
Is the machine you are serving is accessible from the outside? Are you
using Apache as a proxy?

When you connect to that machine from the outside, are you using the same
network interface as from the LAN? (2 network card on your computer? => If
so you need to specify the --host property in your command line to pick the
one that is used on the WAN)

Is there a proxy between you and the server? (Proxy can screw up the WS
connection)

Sorry there is not an easy answer, unless I know more about your setup.

Seb