[vtkusers] QVTKWidget on Mac Retina displays

Dave Edmunds david.edmunds at icr.ac.uk
Mon Jun 27 06:22:35 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I am using Qt 5.5 and VTK 6.3. When I render using a QVTKWidget, on an
external monitor everything looks great, but on my Macbook Pro retina
display, my application is only rendered to the lower left quadrant of the
screen. This is presumably because of the retina display treating each real
pixel as a 2x2 block.

Simon provided a workaround in this post:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2015-February/090117.html

Unfortunately, I can't make use of the Objective C commands he used.

Has this been fixed, or does anyone know a pure C++ workaround for this
issue?

Kind regards,

Dave