[vtkusers] About MouseEvents.py example

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 08:12:35 EDT 2016

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 1:37 AM, Elvis Stansvik <
elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com> wrote:

> I'm also curious, if you don't mind me asking: Have you used a lot of
> PyQt+VTK? If so, did you use the interactor style system or did you forego
> using it completely?

I used PyQt with VTK extensively from 2002 until 2007, and occasionally
since then.  I hardly ever use the VTK interactors, only when writing
quick-and-dirty test applications.  I prefer an "event" to be an object.

Since I don't use vtkInteractorStyle (which is the main place where a
person would want to override a virtual method) you can probably guess why
the lack of virtual overrides in the Python wrappers doesn't bother me much.

 - David