[vtkusers] Extracting largest region works with vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter, but not with vtkConnectivityFilter

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 12:13:53 EDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 9:56 AM, D L <lackodan at outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> First of all, it's amazing how fast you and the other contributers on this
> list respond. Thanks for making the time!

You're welcome.  Your experience is not universal, though, lots of questions
on this list go unanswered.

 If I'm not mistaking, to use custom VTK classes, you need a custom VTK
> build, right?

Yup.

> This might be a very obvious question, but with
> vtkImageConnectivityFilter, how would I know which seed point to use?
> Should I look at the image in Paraview (or use a vtkPicker) to find the
> coordinates of the region I'd like to extract?

You mean vtkImageThresholdConnectivity?  Yes, you could use a picker to get
the data coordinates (these are the coordinates measured in mm, not the
i,j,k
location of the voxel).  Or, if you're lucky enough to know that the region
will
always include the point at the center of the image, you can use the coords
of
that point as a seed.

 - David