[vtkusers] Texture problems with vtkClipPolyData

Andrea Borsic aborsic at ne-scientific.com
Tue Jun 7 06:55:02 EDT 2016

Hi Bruno,

This has probably to do with how the vtkClipPolyData handles the texture
coordinates of the dataset you are clipping.

As an alternative, you can try clipping your dataset with
vtkBooleanOperationPolyDataFilter (more info
http://www.vtkjournal.org/browse/publication/797) (I guess you will need
to use a triangulated box and not a plane for clipping in this case)

Perhaps you might have better luck !

Best,

Andrea

On 07-Jun-16 12:18 PM, Bruno Grégoire wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I’m using vtkClipPolyData to cut a poly data into two parts.
> Everything works like a charm but the textures.
>
> As you can see on the picture attached, there are some
> problems/artifacts appearing on the model after the clipping. After
> some research, I still have no idea where it comes from. Furthermore,
> these problems also occur when I’m trying to copy/paste the texture
> coordinates from a model to another.
>
> If you have any idea, please tell me.
>
> Thank you in advance for your help!
>
> Bruno G