[vtkusers] building vtk in 64-bit mode

mikewithascarf mikewithascarf at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 17:34:43 EDT 2016

I have been running into issues building VTK in 64-bit mode. I am using CMake
3.5.0, Visual Studio 2015 (Community), and VTK 7.0.0

When I try to build the projects in visual studio (in the VTK.sln solution
file), I receive link errors for many of the projects like this:

LNK1112: module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'

I've double-checked that all the target machine types in the configuration
manager are set to x64. Any help would be much appreciated. For reference, I
can build in 32-bit mode without any issues.