[vtkusers] Index of points stored in vtkPolyData?

BBerco bebe0705 at colorado.edu
Tue Jul 26 17:34:29 EDT 2016

The end of my last message was maybe a bit misleading.

Basically, I am wondering if the vtkPolyData *points_polydata* can be
augmented with an id "column" such that each point is associated with an ID.
So that the subset *visiblePointsPolyData* contains not only the coordinates
of the visible points, but their ID as well.

I am still reluctant to use a closest point approach to find the
correspondence between the two sets, since this would be redundant with the
rubber band selection, as the latter already provides the coordinates of the
visible points (which would just need to be augmented with the ID of the
visible points to make me a happy person).