[vtkusers] Somehow mesa-12 first rendering is slow

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Wed Jul 13 16:39:51 EDT 2016

> It looks like you're getting llvmpipe correctly so that's good.  Your
>>> suspicion regarding the llvm build is a good place to start.  If you look
>>> in the el6/Dockerfile in the repo I sent you
>>>

>> I'm curious which repo this is. Is it public?
>>

> Sure!  Given that creating a working Mesa build is often a non-trivial
> process, we tried to streamline and standardize it for our internal use by
> creating a minimal docker image to perform the build.  Based on some
> initial work by Utkarsh, I've created a set of Docker images for building
> the latest Mesa from git on different Linux OSs.  You can find the repo
> which currently contains the docker files for el6 and el7 here:
>
> https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/mesa-builds
>
> There's a readme in there that should tell you how to use it (assuming of
> course that you have docker installed).

Thanks! The reason I was curious is I'm currently experimenting with
packaging an app as an AppImage [1], such that it can run across multiple
distros. I'm currently not bundling Mesa, instead ttreating it as a
prerequisite along with some other things. But should I start bundling it,
it's always helpful to see how others have built it. (I'm doing the
building of the AppImage in a CentOS 6 Docker container).

Elvis

[1] http://appimage.org/