[vtkusers] Somehow mesa-12 first rendering is slow

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Wed Jul 13 15:00:55 EDT 2016

> It looks like you're getting llvmpipe correctly so that's good.  Your
>> suspicion regarding the llvm build is a good place to start.  If you look
>> in the el6/Dockerfile in the repo I sent you
>>

> I'm curious which repo this is. Is it public?

Sure!  Given that creating a working Mesa build is often a non-trivial
process, we tried to streamline and standardize it for our internal use by
creating a minimal docker image to perform the build.  Based on some
initial work by Utkarsh, I've created a set of Docker images for building
the latest Mesa from git on different Linux OSs.  You can find the repo
which currently contains the docker files for el6 and el7 here:

https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/mesa-builds

There's a readme in there that should tell you how to use it (assuming of
course that you have docker installed).