[vtkusers] Somehow mesa-12 first rendering is slow

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Wed Jul 13 08:27:09 EDT 2016

Hi Edson,
It looks like you're getting llvmpipe correctly so that's good.  Your
suspicion regarding the llvm build is a good place to start.  If you look
in the el6/Dockerfile in the repo I sent you, you can see the entire build
configuration of the image, including llvm.  Try configuring llvm with
CMake instead of autotools using the following:

cmake \
  -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
  -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/path/to/llvm/install \
  -DLLVM_BUILD_LLVM_DYLIB=ON \
  -DLLVM_ENABLE_RTTI=ON \
  -DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD=X86 \
  -DLLVM_INSTALL_UTILS=ON \