[vtkusers] Deforming 3-dimensional meshes

Aniqah Mair aniqah.mair at queensu.ca
Tue Jul 5 14:47:14 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

What facilities does VTK have for manipulating 3-dimensional meshes?

I currently have 3-dimensional models represented by vtkPolyData
objects. What I want to do is ignore the points made to construct this
model, and treat it as one large mesh that can be "poked" inwards and
"tugged" outwards at points along the surface to modify the shape of the
model as if it were made of clay. The user who will be deforming the
mesh will be limited to one finger to perform these actions, and the
manipulation of the surface will be done on 2-dimensional slices of the
model.

If you know of any built-in functionality that would help me accomplish
this (or a different way to approach this problem), your help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Aniqah