[vtkusers] interaction problem after timer added

gary_jia jialei.gary at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 10:29:23 EST 2016

Hi everyone,
    When I use the vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera, the object movement
will stop when the mouse freezes ( with mouse button still down). After I
added a timer, the object keep moving even when the mouse stop moving. Only
after I release the mouse button, the movement stops.
   Could you help to tell me how to stop the movement immediately after the
mouse stop even with any mouse button still down when with a timer running?

Thank you!

  my code:

#!/usr/bin/env python
import vtk

class vtkTimerCallback():
    def __init__(self):
        self.timer_count = 0

    def execute(self,obj,event):
        print(self.timer_count)
        self.timer_count += 1

src = vtk.vtkCubeSource()

mapper = vtk.vtkPolyDataMapper()
mapper.SetInputConnection(src.GetOutputPort())

actor = vtk.vtkActor()
actor.SetMapper(mapper)

main_render = vtk.vtkRenderer()
main_render.AddActor(actor)

renWin = vtk.vtkRenderWindow()
renWin.AddRenderer(main_render)

iren = vtk.vtkRenderWindowInteractor()
iren.SetRenderWindow(renWin)
iren.SetInteractorStyle(vtk.vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera())
iren.Initialize()

cb = vtkTimerCallback()
cb.actor = actor
iren.AddObserver('TimerEvent', cb.execute)
timerId = iren.CreateRepeatingTimer(50);
iren.Start()