[vtkusers] would data type affect volume rendering?

Weiguang guan guanw at rhpcs.mcmaster.ca
Wed Jan 13 12:06:23 EST 2016

Ken and Aashish,

Thank you very much for the helpful replies to my questions.

The data I'm dealing with are integers and they are >=0. Most of them
are in the range of ushort. However, I need to normalize multiple data
with respect to their own "exposure times" (divided by exposure time,
which is an integer) in order to make them scaled at the same level so
that multiple data have with comparable intensities. If data type didn't
affect volume rendering, I would use float for sure. Since this is not
the case, I will scale up the data to match the one with the maximum
exposure time and keep it as either uint or ushort.

Best,
Weiguang