[vtkusers] Problems with vtkClipPolyData and vtkImplicitBoolean

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 07:55:55 EST 2016

Hi Normanius,

When a vtkPlaneCollection is used for clipping, the clipping is done once
for each plane (so if there are six planes, then the data is clipped six
times).  In general, you can always combine implicit functions in this way:
clip the data with each function (keeping both the "inside" part and the
"outside" part), and then use a boolean to combine the data pieces back
together again.  By properly merging points when combining the pieces back
together, it's possible to do this seamlessly even for "or" operations.

 - David