[vtkusers] Problems with vtkClipPolyData and vtkImplicitBoolean

normanius juch at zhaw.ch
Fri Jan 8 05:36:18 EST 2016

Hi David

Thanks for the suggestions. I completely understand your concerns regarding
complexity and difficulties to implement my suggestions properly. I don't
know VTK so well to write my own algorithm, my hack was the most feasible
way to go, given the resources.

I had a look at vtkClosedSurfaceClipping - good work. It will serve me as a
source of inspiration. Thanks for the hint.

As for now, I will go with Cory's suggestion to subclass vtkCylinder for
issue 1). And for the accuracy problem, I will stick to my hack. If I will
have time, I will look at it in more detail.

Just a small correction: I don't fully agree with your statement that it is
just a matter of curved implicit functions. The problem I described relates
to combined implicit functions, I think one will face the same issues with a
vtkPlaneCollection as well.

Anyhow - thanks for the detailed answers.

Cheers
Norman