[vtkusers] Share graphical resources (e.g., VBOs) between multiple vtkRenderWindows

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Fri Feb 26 09:42:52 EST 2016

We have talked about sharing buffer objects across contexts and there are
definitely cases where it makes a lot of sense. We have not done anything
on it yet (well maybe some CUDA/OpenGL stuff) but I have added it to my
list of todos. Not sure when we will get to it but I know we want it.

Thanks
Ken

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 5:37 AM, longbowzhang <longbowzhangchina at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear vtkUsers, I have a question about sharing VBOs across multiple
> vtkRenderWindows. The motivation for this is: The data I want to render is
> quite large, and I plan to use multiple renderwindows (each has its own
> OpenGL context) to show the several aspects of the data. I googled, and
> found wglShareLists could be potential friend to achieve this? Does anyone
> know how to use this function within VTK context? Or do you have a better
> idea to achieve this? Thanks so much in advance. Best regards, Changgong
> Zhang Ph.D student in Computer Graphics and Visualization section Dept.
> Intelligent Systems EWI TU Delft

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Ken Martin PhD
Chairman & CFO
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065
518 371 3971

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.