[vtkusers] OpenGL fails to initialize for Windows 7, VTK 7.0

Matthias Blaicher matthias at blaicher.com
Thu Feb 25 05:32:58 EST 2016

Hi Ken,

I've just built the most recent master branch (ae38393d) and I still
have troubles. A basic pure VTK python example such as the Cylinder [1]
works, but mayavi still fails with the error message shown in the
previous mail.

I know that python 3 mayavi is still experimental, but it works
flawlessly under Linux. Also, since mayavi has so many abstraction
layers I fail to follow the path which actually leads to constructing a
vtk widget. Any ideas how I should precede?

Best,
Matthias

[1] http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Python/Cylinder