[vtkusers] memory allocation fail for MarchingCubes

Liu_tj tjlp at netease.com
Tue Feb 16 01:28:38 EST 2016

Hi,

I am a newbie of VTK. Now I need to build 3d model which can be saved as STL file from DICOM files. I google it and find some guys mentions that MarchingCubes. So I try to load a DICOM series(515K one file, totally 676 files, around 340M) with the sample code at http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Modelling/MarchingCubes. Even I set the isoValue of vtkMarchingCubes to 1, when the application memory increase to around 1.07G, then get a memory bad_alloc exception.

What happen with it? What should I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Liu Peng