[vtkusers] setOrigin() of plane is slowing the rendering

Lonni Besançon lonni.besancon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 10:03:07 EST 2016

Ok so I also tried to use a translate on the plane itself, and it is slow...
I really don't understand why, I'm using the release mode to make sure the
debugging is not slowing down the rendering too much, but it's still crazy
slow.

I can imagine that since this plane is clipping my dataset if I transform it
there are some computation to do, but this computation runs just fine on my
tablet but is slow as hell on my computer, even though I do the exact same
thing on both...
To be honest my graphics card is pretty advanced in my tablet, and standard
in my computer, could it be that it is not good enough?