[vtkusers] setOrigin() of plane is slowing the rendering

Lonni Besançon lonni.besancon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 05:23:44 EST 2016

So I checked the documentation again and tested with vtkImplicitPlaneWidget
class to set the origin of the plane, and I don't get the delay anymore.
However, the SetOrigin() and GetOrigin() methods are not present in the
vtkImplicitPlaneWidget2 class. Is that normal?

I was also wondering what is different when calling the SetOrigin() method
of vtkImplicitPlaneWidget. Indeed I did check the cxx file and it would seem
that this SetOrigin() method relies on the SetOrigin() of the plane itself,
which is what I was doing in the first place and was really slow. But when I
call the SetOrigin() of vtkImplicitPlaneWIdget, the rendering is back to a
normal speed.

Would really love to get some explanations on that matter.

Thanks in advance