[vtkusers] Ubuntu VTK Compiling problems

markovich mark.m.peter at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 17:24:52 EST 2016

thank you David E DeMarle !

After recompiling with with fixed VTK_INSTALL_PREFIX as well as
VTK_INSTALL_PYTHON_MODULE_DIR  i could get a working binary of vtkpython in
my /usr/local/bin folder working.

that means i am allowed to run my programs over "vtkpython script.py" if i
navigate to /usr/local/bin (on other paths its not working)

So far ... not so bad :-)

can I see "vtkpython" as module which only must be linked to "default"
python? Maybe someone has an idea what i am missing on using "default"
python with "import vtk" by using this working "vtkpython" binary from
/usr/local/bin.

thanks !!!