[vtkusers] Ubuntu VTK Compiling problems

markovich mark.m.peter at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 12:27:42 EST 2016

sorry i have overlooked the "don't need" ....

then i don't see any fault in my installation process.

vtk seems to be installed after "make install" on the system because i am
allowed to type "vtk" in terminal and get a vtk window...
but i don't get the python import working. "no module named vtk found"

When I wrote "there is no need to download the binary python package",
I meant that you do not need the "Standalone Python Interface (Installer)"
if you have already built VTK from source.

That's my final answer.