[vtkusers] vtkpython on mac os?

Michka Popoff michkapopoff at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 13:02:46 EST 2016

Hi

yes probably. Not sure about all the details, but you may want
to have a continuous build were missing symbols are not replaced.

In another SimpleITK discussion this time (http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/20442/),
it seems that this also woks with gcc42 which is good for people building packages on older
OS X systems.

This blog post describing everything more in-depth was also found:
http://blog.tim-smith.us/2015/09/python-extension-modules-os-x/

"On Linux, building with -shared tells the linker to ignore undefined symbols,
assuming that the dynamic linker will be able to resolve them at runtime.”

Using "-undefined dynamic_lookup” on OS X restores this behaviour.

Hope that helps.

Michka