[vtkusers] setOrigin() of plane is slowing the rendering

Lonni Besançon lonni.besancon at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 12:33:12 EST 2016

Hello everyone,

I have a question that is related to time performance.
I am currently using the method SetOrigin() to modify the origin of a plane
in vtk. When I move other actors using a transform or changing directly the
UserMatrix I basically encounter no issue at all related to time
performance.
However, when it comes to changing the origin of the plane, all my program
slows down. Would you know if that's normal?
If that is, what would be an other way to proceed?

I still think that it should not take that long, and that there's something
wrong.
Indeed all I get is 3 doubles from an other part of the program (not related
to the rendering, GUI side), and fetch these 3 doubles to the SetOrigin()
method. This SetOrigin() call is repeated a given number of iterations.
I have checked that when I comment  this part of the code the rendering is
just fine and my program runs normally.

I'm using vtk6 and windows (though I don't think this is an OS-related
issue).

Thanks in advance.