[vtkusers] Reverse color in vtkScalarsToColors?

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Mon Dec 5 09:52:39 EST 2016

vtkScalarsToColors is the base class for color maps. Try
SafeDownCasting the pointer returned by the mapper to vtkLookupTable.
If the returned color map is not an instance of vtkLookupTable, try
setting your own lookup table with something like

vtkSmartPointer<vtkLookupTable> myTable =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkLookupTable>::New();
myTable->SetHueRange(...);
// other lookup table setup here.
shape_actor->GetMapper->SetLookupTable(myTable);

HTH,
Cory

On Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 11:33 PM, BBerco <bebe0705 at colorado.edu> wrote:
> Bill,
>
> the issue is that SetHueRange is a method of vtkLookUpTable and not
> vtkScalarsToColors. I am getting an instance of the latter with *shape_actor
> -> GetMapper() ->GetLookupTable()*, which is rather counter-intuitive.
>

> --

Cory Quammen
Staff R&D Engineer
Kitware, Inc.