[vtkusers] vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper (OpenGL2) - Mask Input update

Sankhesh Jhaveri sankhesh.jhaveri at kitware.com
Fri Dec 2 09:06:08 EST 2016

Hi,

Updating the mask texture when the mask input has been modified is the
optimum solution.
Regarding performance, could you share some details about your data (size,
data type, etc.) and pipeline?

Thanks,
Sankhesh
​

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 6:57 AM meow_fiz <meow at mat.uni.torun.pl> wrote:

> I'm not sure it's the best solution. It seems like it's slower than in
> Vtk6.3
> &OpenGl1.x backend.
>
> Is it optimal solution to update modified mask volume to call
> LoadMaskMethod?
>
> The whole volume rendering on GPU doesn't look faster than in previous
> approach. I've read some threads about changing
> SetMaximumImageSampleDistance &SetAutoAdjustSampleDistances but it didn't
> affect the rendering frame rates ...
>

> --

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Sankhesh Jhaveri *Sr. Research & Development Engineer* | Kitware
<http://www.kitware.com/> | (518) 881-4417
​