[vtkusers] [vtk-user] - stop movement object 3D, indepedent of position camera

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 15:20:16 EDT 2016

Hi Jose,

Use two superimposed renderers.  This provides two independent cameras.

// Main renderer (i.e. the one you already have)
window->AddRender(renderer);

// "Overlay" renderer (with its own camera and actors)
overlayRenderer->SetViewPort(renderer->GetViewPort()); // same viewport
overlayRenderer->EraseOff(); // do not erase before renderering
window->AddRenderer(overlayRenderer); // add on top of other renderer

The two renderers will share the depth buffer and color buffer, but each
will have its own camera, lights, and actors.

You can even make the "overlay" renderer so that its viewport only covers
part of other renderer.  After all, a renderer is just a class that renders
into a viewport within the window, you can choose the viewports however you
like.

 - David