[vtkusers] Building VTK 6.3.0 with X11 on Mac El Capitan

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 12:48:20 EDT 2016

Here's a little hint:

In Rendering/OpenGL/CMakeLists.txt find the section labeled "#
Configuration for vtkOpenGLExtensionManager" change this:

elseif(APPLE)
  set(VTK_USE_APPLE_LOADER 1)
  set(VTK_USE_CORE_GRAPHICS 1)

to this:

elseif(APPLE AND NOT VTK_USE_X)
  set(VTK_USE_APPLE_LOADER 1)
  set(VTK_USE_CORE_GRAPHICS 1)

I don't know if that will work, because I haven't tested it, but it should
move you in the right direction.

 - David