[vtkusers] free form user sketch on 3D mesh

sepideh20 sce2020sahaf at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 02:58:06 EDT 2016

Hello,

I have a 3D mesh (structured grid). I need to implement a technique to let
users sketech an area (an interest area) on the mesh (or grid), and in
result, a 3d interest area is highlighted.
Previously, I had implemented the drag and drop selection for the 3D mesh
(which in result you have a solid highlighted rectangle area), and it works
fine. Now I need to change it to a free form sketch area.

I don't know how to implement that free form sketch and use it to extract a
3d interest area our of a grid or mesh. Please help me with that.

Thanks,