[vtkusers] wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor (VTK and wxWidgets) Problem unter Ubuntu

Kyosev, Yordan Yordan.Kyosev at hs-niederrhein.de
Tue Aug 16 07:15:39 EDT 2016

Hi Everybody

I am looking for somebody using  wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor  (also VTK with wxWidgets) under Ubuntu Linux ?

I have troubles finding gtk and its gdk  there.

And - the question is what to do with versions of wxWidgets higher then 2.8, probably this is as well an issue which could solve my problem?
Under Windows it works fine with the same versions (wxWidgets 3.0 and VTK6.3 )

The file was long time not more maintained but has done very good job until know, here both project links
wxvtk.sourceforge.net
https://www.openhub.net/p/wxVTK

Best regards

Yordan

1%] Building CXX object .../CMakeFiles/ViewerPanelLib.dir/src/wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.cpp.o
..../src/wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.cpp:70:81:  fatal error: gdk/gdkx.h: No such file or directory
#    include <gdk/gdkx.h> // GDK_WINDOW_XWINDOW is found here in wxWidgets 2.8.0

#ifdef __WXGTK__
#    include <gdk/gdkx.h> // GDK_WINDOW_XWINDOW is found here in wxWidgets 2.8.0
#    include "gdk/gdkprivate.h"
#if wxCHECK_VERSION(2, 8, 0)
#ifdef __WXGTK20__
#include <wx/gtk/win_gtk.h>
#else
#include <wx/gtk1/win_gtk.h>
#endif
#else
#include <wx/gtk/win_gtk.h>
#include <wx/gtk/private>
#endif
#define GetXWindow(wxwin) (wxwin)->m_wxwindow ? \
                          GDK_WINDOW_XWINDOW(GTK_PIZZA((wxwin)->m_wxwindow)->bin_window) : \
                          GDK_WINDOW_XWINDOW((wxwin)->m_widget->window)
#endif