[vtkusers] Utilities/Maintenance/WhatModulesVTK.py will not report vtkRenderingContextOpenGL

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Wed Aug 10 09:10:43 EDT 2016

I make use of the very convenient script in

    Utilities/Maintenance/WhatModulesVTK.py

to calculate precisely the VTK modules I make use of, and I can pretty much
copy-paste the result to the find_package and target_link_libraries in my
CMakeLists.txt. So far the only manual touch-up I've had to do is change

    vtkRenderingOpenGL
    vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL

    vtkRenderingOpenGL2
    vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL2

since it seems the script cannot know that I'm using a VTK compiled with
the OpenGL2 backend.

However, now I've ran into another minor snag: I've begun using a
vtkContextView, so the script would report

    vtkRenderingContext2D

But it seems it will not report

    vtkRenderingContextOpenGL2

which it seems I also need, or the factories won't work (I think related in
some way to
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/VTK_6_Migration/Factories_now_require_defines ,
or perhaps to the splitting of the OpenGL backends).

Anyone know why the script won't report vtkRenderingContextOpenGL2 (or at
least vtkRenderingContextOpenGL, I'm fine with having to add the "2"
manually) ? Will I always have to add it manually?

It's so convenient to be able to just copy-paste whatever the script
outputs.

Thanks in advance,
Elvis