[vtkusers] Map StructuredGrid CellData onto a vtkPlaneWidget

Luca Pallozzi Lavorante lplavorante at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 14:52:15 EDT 2016

Hi everybody, I  have found how  to enable the  visualization of CellData
attributes mapped from a StructuredGrid to a vtkPlaneWidget. When I use
CellData instead of PointData in the StructuredGrid, these are treated as
FieldData and no longer as PointData. In this case, it is necessary to add
the following lines:

contourMapper.SetScalarModeToUsePointFieldData()
contourMapper.SelectColorArray("CellData")

where contourMapper is the vtkPolyDataMapper used to represent the plane
used as a probe. The name "CellData" is the one I had specified for the
CellData before passing it to the StructuredGrids.

I hope this may help.

  Thank  you

Luca Pallozzi Lavorante