[vtkusers] hardware acceleratec OpenGL on Raspberry pi 3/Raspbian?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 20:36:06 EDT 2016

Hi Elvis,

One way of checking the OpenGL driver is the "glxinfo" command.
The "OpenGL renderer" is usually Mesa if it is a software renderer,
but if it gives the name of a specific card or chip, then you probably
have hardware rendering, e.g. here's what my laptop reports:

OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M OpenGL Engine
OpenGL version string: 2.1 NVIDIA-8.24.17 310.90.9.05f01
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20

I don't know much about the Raspberry Pi, but google found this
page that describes how to enable hardware OpenGL:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/another-new-raspbian-release/

 - David