[vtkusers] Trouble with vtkbooleanOperationPolydataFilter

c_mihai ultam93 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 13 13:27:04 EDT 2016

Has anyone figured out how to get this class to work constantly?
I'm trying to use it to perform substractions/carvings.
It seems to work when using simple figures, like a moon or a cylinder. But
it fails for me when using text(I vtkVectorText, then I
vtkLinearExtrusionFilter and finally use vtkTriangleFilter to obtain the 3D
text) or a bar code.
Screenshots for a failed to work example:
1) (Before)Model to be substracted/carved on:
http://puu.sh/ogToi/66d8f78576.jpg
http://puu.sh/ogTPZ/4189e38286.jpg
2) (After):
a) for the bar code
http://puu.sh/ogSVE/d8000da4d2.jpg
http://puu.sh/ogSZB/5e9531fdb9.jpg
b) for the text(created the way I explained above)
http://puu.sh/ogU2p/43cad5fe16.jpg