[vtkusers] Writing exodus metadata with python

Julian Andrej juan at tf.uni-kiel.de
Tue Apr 5 07:00:49 EDT 2016

Hello,

i'm trying to write metadata for NodeSets/SideSets to an exodus file
using vtk. I have all the information i need to describe the NodeSet
(Cell ids that belong to the NodeSet and the name). Is there any example
that describes that?

I tried to figure it out myself but came up with some issues. I
understand that i have to fill a vtkModelMetadata object and call
vtkModelMetadata::SetNumberOfNodeSets with the appropriate number of
nodesets. Then i guess i have to set vtkModelMetaData::SetNodeSetSize
but here is my problem of understanding: Not every nodeset has the same
size of nodes! Or is it assumed, like in
vtkModelMetadata::SetNodeSetNodeIdList that the argument for
vtkModelMetaData::SetNodeSetSize contains a list with the mapping:

entry 0: lengt of nodeset 0
entry 1: lengt of nodeset 1

and so on?

I'd appreciate any help regarding my issue.

Regards
Julian Andrej