[vtkusers] wxPlaneWidget on OSX

ABE Hiroshi habe36 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 22:28:14 EDT 2016

Dear all,

This might be a known issue but I could find any description about it on the net so I ask you about vtkPlaneWidget.
That is a weired behavior that the handles of vtkPlaneWidget is gone when you drag one of the handles.

The sample program I used is available at:
 http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Widgets/PlaneWidget

Building it straightforwardly and get an executable program. The application launches as usual to display a VTK window.
You can find a vtkPlaneWidget’s plane in the window, which has four handles. If you drag one of the handles suddenly the handle disappears. This is always happens on OSX (10.9.5, 10.10.5). The env. are:

OS X 10.9.5 (iMac late 2013 21.5”) VTK 5.10.1 (with Apple Wireless Trackpad)
OS X 10.10.5 (MBP Letina 13”) VTK 5.10.1 VTK 6.3.0

As an additional info. Run the same program on OpenSUSE 13 (VTK 5.10) on the Linux box itself, it works fine as expected. But if you display on iMac with XQuartz (2.7.8), the same problem happens.

Anybody out there point me the way workaround or any suggestions to solve this.

Thank you very much in advance.

ABE Hiroshi
 from Tokorozawa, JAPAN